Takee's Cricketastic Blog

Hard Work, Hard Core!

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Highlights

March30

Hello everyone, this post is all about my thoughts on the ICC Cricket World cup 2015. I hope you enjoy reading and don’t forget to subscribe and leave a comment! So what are we waiting for? let the cricketastic blog burst out what it has to say!

The ICC Cricket world cup for 2015 has been a great tournament, making some countries friends again, which was the main goal and some countries enemies, which was not the main goal. Throughout the two months of the tournament, many people came from all over the world to watch this event. And it is said that this world cup is the biggest in history. According to the ICC, more than a billion tickets were sold like never before.So Australia and New Zealand hosting has been a great attraction.

It is said that India cheated against Bangladesh on their first time they made it to the quarterfinals, they gave a heap of money to the ICC, who made them win by more than 109 runs and 7 wickets whereas it was supposed to be a close game(only if they didn’t cheat). They figured out that India would have made 207 runs, which would have gave Bangladesh an advantage(they ended up on 303).

But eventually, an Indian politician said sorry to Bangladesh for cheating after their defeat against Australia in the semi-finals. They say they only cheated to get the cup, which didn’t happen after all. And for having a lame excuse for saying “India is going to win” on screen that in the past ten years at the MCG, first batting teams with more than 275+ runs won 80% of all matches. SUCH A LAME EXCUSE!

Australia did really well defeating Pakistan in the third quarter finals, and South Africa did really well eliminating Sri-Lanka. And it was fun to see the west indies take on New Zealand. But New Zealand won and progressed onto the semi finals.

As I mentioned before, Australia bet India and progressed onto the finals. It’s funny that India was actually a former ICC cricket world cup winner. I guess their growing weak! And on the other side, New Zealand beat South Africa progressing onto the finals against Australia.

That was what made everyone surprised. The two hosts versing each other. And before we could get a ticket, they were all sold out, so we just had to watch it on TV, so I guess it was a big hit. But what wasn’t a big hit was the ending of the finals. Everyone was expecting New Zealand to win, because they did outstandingly well throughout the tournament. But for some reason, they did horribly bad and lost the cup just by inches! But I can say without doubt that it wasn’t close. They lost against Australia for 7 wickets! That must have been a shame!

It turns out that shortly after the match of India vs Bangladesh, India named the ICC Indian Cricket Council instead of the International cricket council. So Bangladesh responded with the Indian Cheating Council! Boy that was a good one!

It would have been fun to see all the nations that haven’t participated in the quarterfinals to get through, and all the teams that have been lucky to get in every time to take their place. For example, nations like Afghanistan, Bangladesh(who went in this tournament and is likely to progress even further in future), England, Scotland and the UAE replacing India, Australia, New Zealand and Sri-Lanka. But we’ll have to rely on time for that to happen.

I wonder what nation the ICC cricket world Cup 2019 will be held at. May be in South Africa, or somewhere. And I sure hope that the ICC doesn’t cheat by being given money on that tournament! Otherwise I’ll regret it my whole life(As I continue my career as a robotics engineer and Cricketer if possible).

Unfortunately, that’s all I have to say about the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 and I can guarantee that it has been a great tournament(except for the cheating part)! I can barely wait until the next Cricket World Cup in 2019, when I myself will be old enough to play in the Bangladesh Cricket team as I will be 17 by then.But I’m still 12 for now.

But next year something else that’s gonna blow my mind is going to occur. The 2016 Olympics will be held next year! The following year the T20 Cricket World Cup is Going to be held. With the following year in 2018, the Fifa Soccer World Cup is going to be held, and finally, in 2019, the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. So there’s heaps of distractions left for me during the long wait for 2019.

I hope you enjoyed reading and don’t forget to subscribe and leave a comment! Until Next time!

Thanks, By Takee, Bye!

Archives

Catergories

Subscribe

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.