Takee's Cricketastic Blog

Hard Work, Hard Core!

Bangladesh Cricket

October4

Hello and welcome everyone to my latest post in which is all about Bangladesh CRICKET! My absolute favorite sport. I hope you enjoy reading and don’t forget to comment and follow/subscribe! So, what are we waiting for? Let’s release the awesome skills!

Cricket is a world famous sport. It is sponsored by many companies, like T20, or ICC. The ICC stands for the ” International Cricket Council”, and these fellows are the organizers of the ICC cricket world cup. It occurs  every four years, with fourteen different nations participating. The nations that participate include:  Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, UAE, Afghanistan, England, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, Sri-Lanka, South Africa, west Indies, Ireland and finally, Zimbabwe!

Image result for ICC participants Nations that apply for the challenge!

The last ICC cricket world cup was just this year, starting at mid February, and ending at late-March. The finals, Australia and New Zealand, the two hosts of this years world cup, versed each other at  the MCG(Melbourne cricket ground), here at Melbourne. I am not that familiar with T20.

Image result for ICC logo

As you might have already guessed, my favorite cricket nationality is Bangladesh, closely followed by Australia. Bangladesh because me and my whole family is originated from there, and Australia because I have and still is being raised here. So, in small words, I was born in Bangladesh but raised in Australia.

Image result for bangladesh cricket team

My favorite Bangladeshi cricketer is the world’s first T 20 2 All-rounder, Shakib Al Hassan! He is known as the longest lasting cricketer ever in Bangladesh cricket history. He has been playing for about 10 years! Therefore, he is the ex-captain of the Bangladesh Cricket Team. Shakib Al Hassan gained the captaincy role a while ago, and just as the ICC cricket world cup started this year, Mushfiqure Ra-him took over.

17 years ago, The Bangladesh Cricket team where no-where near as good as they are today. The Bangladesh national cricket team (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দল) is the team that represents Bangladesh in international cricket. The team is administered by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). Bangladesh is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) with Test and One Day International (ODI) status. It played its first Test match in 2000 against India in Dhaka, becoming the tenth Test-playing nation.

Bangladesh’s first official foray into international cricket came in the 1979 ICC Trophy in England. On 31 March 1986, Bangladesh played its first ODI match, against Pakistan in the Asia Cup. For a long time, football was the most popular sport in Bangladesh, but cricket gradually became very popular – particularly in urban areas – and by the late 1990s had surpassed football.

Bangladesh made its full debut in international cricket in the 1986 Asia Cup.
In 1997, Bangladesh won the ICC Trophy in Malaysia. By doing so, it qualified for its first Cricket World Cup, in England in 1999. There, it defeated Pakistan – creating one of the biggest upsets in its cricketing history – and also Scotland. On 26 June 2000, Bangladesh was granted full ICC membership, playing its first Test match in November of that year.

Bangladesh holds the record for most consecutive losses in Tests (21, between 2000 and 2002) and ODIs (23, between 2001 and 2004). After gaining full member status with the ICC, Bangladesh had to wait until 2004 for its first ODI win since the 1999 World Cup. The team on the losing side on that occasion was Zimbabwe, who also participated in Bangladesh’s maiden Test victory in 2005; by securing a draw in the second match, Bangladesh won their first Test series. In 2009 Bangladesh toured the West Indies for two Tests and by winning both secured their first overseas series victory.

As of 2 December 2014, Bangladesh has played 88 Tests, winning only seven. Its first victory was against a young and inexperienced Zimbabwe team, which was hit by a player crisis; the next two were against a West Indian team crippled by a players’ strike. Results have improved recently though with draws earned against full strength Sri Lankan and New Zealand sides and a win against Zimbabwe The lack of a first-class tournament in the country before it was granted Test status has been cited as one of the reasons for the side’s struggle to adapt to the longest form of the game, and Bangladesh’s performance has led to repeated calls for it to lose its Test status.

The 17 year old Cricketer, Taskin Ahmed, is a very big inspirational fast bowler for the Bangladesh Cricket team. He is just SO GOOD at bowling. He even matches my initials, TA! I am Takee Al*f, he is Taskin Ahmed. Taskin is only 4 years older than me, you know. I’m 13, he is 17. I just admire the similarities.

If you wish to know the names of ALL the Bangladeshi cricketers, then your in the right place!

Shakib Al Hassan, an All-rounder:

Image result for shakib al hasan

Mushfiqur Rahim, a batsmen:

Image result for mushfiqur rahim

Moshrafe Mortaza, another batsmen:

Image result for Mashrafe Mortaza

Tamim Iqbal: a batsmen.

Image result for Tamim Iqbal

Rubel Hossain: a bowler:

Image result for Rubel Hossain

Nasir Hossain: an All=rounder:

Image result for Nasir Hossain

Mahmudullah Ryad: an all-rounder\

Image result for Mahmudullah riyad

Soumya Sarkar: an all-rounder.

Image result for Soumya sarkar

Mohammed Ashraful…a batsmen

Image result for mohammad ashraful

Taskin Ahmed…a batsmen:

Image result for taskin ahmed

Momminul Haque…a batsmen

Image result for mominul haque

Imrul Kayes a batsmen

Image result for imrul kayes

Just a few video’s respecting Bangladesh…ENJOY! Only four video’s.

First up…2011….Bangladesh ICC THEME SONG!

Sad, but strong and VERY emotional tribute to Bangladesh.

Second last, a happy song to keep your feet moving:

AND Finally, the T20 Block buster event of the year…CHAR CHOKKA HOI HOI(4’s and 6’s whooping).

Unfortunately, I have nothing more to talk about this topic(although I spent some time writing/talking about another topic). I will surely write more about even greater topics in the future.As I always say…RISE BANGLADESHI TIGERS! GO BANGLADESH! So, as I always say, ’till next time AND: That’s all, FOLKS!

Thanks,

By Takee

“Bangladesh Cricket”

1. February 3rd, 2016 at 7:01 AM      Reply Aasim Says:

I am very much fond of Bangladesh Cricket team. they are superb in recent years. I personally like Shakib Al Hasan He is best. He is also in Pakistan Super League in Islamabad United Team. http://hblpakistansuperleague. I wish very best of luck to Bangladesh team.

2. February 3rd, 2016 at 7:02 AM      Reply Aasim Says:

I am very much fond of Bangladesh Cricket team. they are superb in recent years. I personally like Shakib Al Hasan He is best. He is also in Pakistan Super League in Islamabad United Team. http://hblpakistansuperleague.com I wish very best of luck to Bangladesh team

Archives

Catergories

Subscribe

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.