Takee's Cricketastic Blog

Hard Work, Hard Core!

MVIMP Annual Concert 2015

November14

Hello and welcome everyone to my latest post and today’s topic is all about how we had the MVIMP CONCERT two nights ago. I hope you enjoy reading and don’t forget to comment and follow/subscribe! I hope you enjoy reading and don’t forget to comment and follow/subscribe! So what are we waiting for? Let’s unleash the disastrous music!

Two nights ago, we had the MVIMP Concert, as you might already know if you read my previous post. We had a great night, with heaps of parents, carers and family there to experience our hard effort.

Us, as the musicians had to arrive at the zone by 6:30(for instrumental tuning), although the actual concert started at 7:30 PM. Now, I did arrive a 10 minutes early, so I got a little freaked out when I saw no-one there. But my mum and I waited a bit until everyone came. My mum headed over to the seating area(the celebrity room), while we went off back-stage to prepare our instruments and sheet music.

Within-in one hour, the concert had started. The Percussion started first, and to be honest, they sounded HORRIBLE at first, but they improved as the concert progressed and eventually, it sounded great!(because they where doing a solo at first).Then I think it moved onto Brass Solo, and they sounded Awesome! Then, we had the Woodwind, and they where doing a great job, doing an extra out of curriculum piece(
i’ll get to the point later). Then, we had our violin solo, and I don’t know how well i did because I can’t judge myself(never judge a book by it’s cover).

We played some jazz and Justin Bieber music for the first time in MVIMP History! We played Autumn leaves(a jazz piece) and Thriller, a Justin Bieber Piece. I can at least guarantee those two pieces where great!

Then we had some more pieces by some other orchestra’s until it was the turn of the combined band(selected students from all four schools{Ascot Vale P.S., Ascot Vale West P.S., Moonee Ponds P.S., Moonee Ponds West P.S.}. Learn more from my previous post). It was also Dez’s last day(our woodwind teacher as he was retiring after 29 years of working at our school. So the woodwind people had to do a special piece for him.

We played quite a few music pieces. As far as I can remember, we played: Skeleton Dance, Rainy Day Rock, Sun-catcher, Mambo Number 5, Spanish Brass, What a Wonderful World, Medievil fayre and shake it off by Taylor swift.

Then, they handed some awards out, followed by some scholarship stuff. That’s pretty much all that happened that night, and sadly, that’s all I have to say for today. Don’t forget to comment and follow/subscribe! Hope you enjoyed reading! As I always say, ’till next time! That’s all folks!

Thanks, by Takee

Archives

Catergories

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

Please prove that you are not a robot.